Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Long Strange Trip


Only one more week left to our vacation.  We are still loving Hawaii but are looking forward to getting back to our Fairbanks home.  We've got no complaints, can't believe how nice the weather has been.  To end a great vacation with a great story, we found out recently that the women who owns this farm just recently got married to a musician who is "kinda famous" as the property manager described him.  After pressing further she informed us that the musician's name was Bill Kreutzmann.  I spent many of my college years (as well as subsequent ones) listening to a band Bill played in.......The Grateful Dead.  Bill was one of the founding members and played as one of their drummers for their whole run.  I was very excited to hear this news and thought "that will make a nice story".  This morning I was looking out our window as a dark Range Rover pulled up to one of the barns on the farm, and out popped Bill and his new wife.  I ended up meeting Bill and talking with him for a little bit, it was really a nice capper for a wonderful vacation.  I think we'll all remember our visit to Hawaii.  Here are some more nice pics for you to enjoy.  Aloha!






No comments: