 |
| Hawaiin bodysurfing dude |
 |
| Hiking the Napali Coast |

Whew, from 32 below to 80 degrees above, our bodies are finally starting to adjust. When we tell people here where we're from and exactly what the temps were when we left they invariably have the same reaction: "why on earth would anyone live there?" It is a bit hard to explain, unless you've been there it's a hard sell. We typically aren't the whitest whities on the beach but darned close. After today I've finally started to get some color and by the end of the vacation I'm sure we'll all have a golden tan. Clarity is having an absolute blast, all she wants to do is go to the beach, although we managed to trick her into a hike today.

Clarity and I got to try our hands at body boarding, quite a bit of fun and when you actually catch a wave it's pretty exhilarating. I'm still a little timid, there are high tide and surf warnings everywhere on the North Coast and if I don't see people out in the waves I'm not too inclined to be the first one out there.
Clarity seems to enjoy the surf and it's so fun to watch how quickly she makes friends with anyone at the beach, kid or adult. Yesterday she helped an older man collect shells at Anini beach and today she met some kids and they played for hours. The girls even asked if Clarity could come over to their house for dinner. With her being an only child I'm so glad she's not shy, although sometimes I don't want to be as social as she does.

It's so nice that we're here for a month and don't feel like we have to cram it all in, if Clarity wants to sit around the beach all day or stay at the house reading books it's all good, we still have tomorrow. The temps have been in the high 70s and pretty sunny, we still haven't seen the winter rains, although I'm sure we will at some point.
 |
| Lemons, avocado, and a fine cerveza |
Tomorrow we're off to see some waterfalls and get on the body board again. The best thing about being here is all the fresh fruits and veggies we are enjoying. We are staying on an organic farm so we have all the lemons, bananas, and avocadoes we could possibly eat, we just head into the orchard and pick the fruit that has just fallen to the ground. They are growing some mutant fruit here folks, it's hard for me to figure out what I'm looking at because the lemons are all the size of grapefruit, there won't be any scurvy here. The beer isn't half bad either. We'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Love the scenery pics but could you please get a picture of your girls from the front? Love your posts. Keep it up.
Post a Comment