Monday, August 12, 2013

Moose-tastrophe!!

Steve’s famous last words, “I’ll get that gate built one of these days, the moose won’t go through there, we’ve got an electric fence!”  Well, as the title to this post would suggest they will indeed go through that gate, and once on the “inside” they will also help themselves to cabbage and beets and leeks and lettuce and, oddly enough, they will also eat strawberries right off the plant (I did appreciate that they didn’t pull up the entire plant to get their snack).  They will also break down said electric fence as they are chased out of the garden by a screaming, ranting, naked man just out of bed.  They didn’t touch the carrots or potatoes or tomatoes and hot peppers so it wasn’t a total loss, but darnit!

DSC_0044DSC_0045

DSC_0046

Oh the horror!

DSC_0057

These two aren’t the culprits, but I’ve got my eye on them.

2 comments:

Gran said...

Hearing the tale from Clarity (even though she was sleeping as she will tell you) makes it so much more colorful. What a bummer though!

maine bushman said...

SO CUTE BUT SORRY FOR YOUR GARDEN