Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finally Back Online




No we didn't fall off the face of the earth, although our recent change of climate does make us feel like we've pulled off some sort of time travel.  We have successfully completed the move from AK to CO.  We left 32 below, dark, and snowy for 60 above and sunny.  Clarity misses her Alaska friends and has endless stories to tell about Macyn, Erin and Brenna, and the time Theo ran his sled into the garage door.  Mostly she is happy and content, although not entirely pleased that her mama has to go back to work.
Enjoying Portland
Although we managed to get a nasty pre-flight cold, we were determined to make our escape.  Flying into Portland we are always overtaken by the smell of chlorophyll.  As always Clarity enjoyed her time with her Grandma and Papa, cousins Marli and Jaelyn, and uncle Mike.  After only a couple days we packed up the van and I went on my way, leaving Clarity and Michelle to board a plane bound for Denver. 

Playing with Blue can make you look ridiculous
I haven't had to do a multi-day power drive since we left Flagstaff, but I enjoyed the scenery and was soon reunited with the girls in Salida, CO.  We enjoyed our time visiting with Colorado friends and family while we nursed our family back to health. 


Darn we missed the sun
Now life finds us in Greeley, CO for the next 13 weeks.  So far we are really enjoying sun and the ability to get outside.  Often getting Clarity outside in Alaska was difficult (and not just because we had to have so many layers), but now I have a hard time getting her to do anything inside.  Doesn't hurt that we have a pool, hot tub, and numerous playgrounds within 200 yards of our apartment.  We weren't sure what to expect of Greeley but so far we have been pleased.  There are a lot of green spaces, parks, and activities for kids.  Nothing Waldorf related but we're plugging along on our own with homeschooling. 

Keep on Growin
Getting back into a good rhythm has been challenging with all the new activities and sights.  I'm hoping by March 1st we'll be back into a good groove, though it seems I'll have to re-learn how to bake at altitude (my sourdough starter is failing miseably).  Clarity is loving our little attempt at Waldorf homeschooling, especially the musical aspect.  Would love to build a pentatonic kinderlyre once I get a shop again, or unless her Papa is looking for a project ; )  Just planted our spring herb garden, it is fun getting Clarity involved and I think she is ready for some longer term projects, so we made a garden journal and are trying to draw in it every day.  I'll be surprised if any herbs make it past Clarity's hungry mouth to our table. 

Headed for Creamer's Field, Alaska?
 
Can't imagine that we'll be in Greeley past Michelle's 13 week assignment, and then hopefully a nice 2 month vacation for our family.  We'll try to post often while we're here and we have a nice place with room for visitors.  Hope everyone is well out there, come see us.

No comments: