Friday, February 04, 2011

A Final Dispatch From the Frozen North

Here Comes Sunshine
Our stuff is on the barge and we're wrapping it up here in Fairbanks.  The weather has been great lately, although the fact that I feel that 15 degrees above is great weather just cements the fact that we have been here too long ; )  We depart next Thursday at 8:00 in the morning.  Everyone is excited about getting somewhere new and getting to visit with family and friends outside of Alaska.

Farewell Fairbanks Waldorfers
We had a great final Waldorf home school meeting, had a grand group, felted a wool flower, ate soup, went sledding.  Having the support of that group has been so invaluable, don't know where we'd be if he hadn't stumbled onto it.  We will move forward in Colorado much more confident in the direction we are taking Clarity, I can see everyday that she is thriving. Michelle and I are learning as much as Clarity is, which is a big part of what being a waldorf family is about.  Turns out Clarity is also quite the teacher and has many things to show me.



More Fun with Apples

For the first time I feel that Clarity really understands what's going on with the relocation.  Not sure she connects the fact that we're leaving with not seeing her familiar faces and friends on a weekly basis, but she is so excited for new things, and especially happy that she gets to see her Grandma and Papa, Gramps and GrammyB, and so many others that love her. 




Still Crafty After All These Years
 The toymaking and crafting has really taken off around here.  I've picked up needle felting and Michelle is trying her hand at wet felting.  Get me back to my woodshop and look out.  Toying with the idea of selling little things in an effort to try to make a little extra money from home, we'll see, Clarity has many orders already backing up and so unless I get some workers I may just have to make our own toys for now.


So that's it from the frozen north, next time you hear from us we'll be counting cows and hopefully eating some good fresh produce.  Hope you enjoyed our journey north, we'll see what the future holds!

Spring is Only A Plane Ride Away

3 comments:

packmember said...

I'm so glad you guys are thriving. A new adventure sounds grand!

packmember said...

I love the felting! Very impressive.

Gran said...

Great arts and crafts! Can't wait to see you.