Monday, September 10, 2007

2 month transformation


Wow! 2 months old. Today Clarity weighs in at 9 lbs. 10 oz. She has accomplished so much already. She has discovered her left hand for sucking on, she has learned how to smile and laugh out loud, her neck is almost strong enough to hold up her head and she talks! Not real words yet but she engages our eyes and tells us tales that we don't undertand but we all laugh a lot!

As for motherhood. I've noticed that there is a gap between who I thought I would be as a parent and who I actually am. I thought I would take Clarity all over the place, travel, go out at night, still see my friends and be the totally cool mom. Instead I am the happiest at home with Clarity snug in my arms. I don't even desire that life that I thought I wanted before she was born. What a neato transformation! This is the stillest and most present I have ever been in my life and the best part is that I love it! This is better than even the best powder day!

Today Steve told Clarity that she was the best toy he as ever had:)

Happy 2 months Clarity Blue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, even if you are not the parent you thought you would be, you are turning into the blogger you thought you would be: posting super cute pictures and stories about your babe all the time. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

More pictures! More pictures!

Anonymous said...

Me, too, Michelle. The gift of children is the mystery they give of opening their parents to a greater love than thought possible. And each child does this uniquely. I was on the career track and never imagined myself married or having children and was perfectly happy with it. And then I had Erin. And met Scott. I am a better person for their love of me and mine for them. ;-)