Sunday, October 09, 2011

Staying Warm


Michelle's Masterpiece
Sorry it's been so long between posts, we have been busy in Alaska getting re-settled.  It officially really snowed today and the daytime temps are a balmy 34 degrees.  The winter forecast has called for colder then normal temps and lower then normal snowfall.  I imaging that by January we'll really need a time-out in Hawaii.

It's been really fun to be back in Fairbanks, our small Waldorf homeschool group really exploded after we left, now hosting 30 children and 10 adults.  Clarity fell right back into the group, immediately making friends with a little boy named Willow.  We recently celebrated Michaelmas with the group and everyone pitched in to create a special occasion.  Michelle made a great dragon bread and I felted a few "shooting stars" for the kids.


We have been busy building and crafting to create a nice space for Clarity.  I think I was suffering a little from tool withdrawal, ever since having access to a few basic tools my project list has gotten a lot longer.  After the playstand I built Blue a pint-sized coat rack and a "tree stand" house for her little fairy and gnome friends.
Michelle spearheaded a project to felt some slippers for Clarity.  She loves them and uses them to jump on the trampoline now that it is getting so cold.  Keep posted as sledding season begins.

1 comment:

packmember said...

I'm glad you guys are settling back into Fairbanks. How strange to end up back there for the winter!
Tre LOVES his felted egg. He loves looking for the chick inside, then taking it out, putting it back in, repeat. Now he has started putting other things inside too. More hours of fun with felted egg.
Thank you!