Monday, August 29, 2011

Whew!!!!

We made our triumphant return to Alaska tonight.  After a couple great days hanging out with Grandma and Papa on Vason Island we are back in our happy hillside house in Interior Alaska.  Clarity was so excited to see familiar faces and had a blast reuniting with family.  She was awesome on the plane rides and as always is just excited to be somewhere new. Without her great attitude and gregarious nature I know that moving so often would be next to impossible.  Add to that an awesome wife of course who can take care of her family.  We were all excited to be back to something familiar and with community for us, and especially grateful that we won't be moving for a year!!!

What an eventful trip, barely escaping the carnage that was Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. An  article in the Upper Valley News describes the devestation that befell our beloved Vermont town of Quechee.  I feel so blessed to have gotten out 8 hours before the airports were closed, it would have been really tough to be there, the parks and places where we played and watched hot air balloons inflating under 10 feet of raging river, all exits to the town cut off by water.  I glad we decided to take a Xanax and get on that bus to Boston.  I hope all our recent neighbors and new found friends have fared the storm well.

On a more positive note, Michelle managed to find a $100 bill at our rental house on Vashon Island, I won't ruin her moment by telling the story, but it's a strange one, maybe I can get her to put it on the blog for posterity.  Hope everyone is doing well, we'll be here for a year (with the exception of January), so come on up!

Right before we left I tried my first felted wall hanging, it was fun and I think turned our all right, I learned a lot and will try one for Clarity soon.

The Felted Hurricane Waves of Quechee
Foggy Morning on Vashon Island


Looking For Shells

The Papa Snuggle

The Log Balance


Hangin at the Beach

Playin in the Sand

My Girls

La Familia

R.I.P. Quechee Covered Bridge

1 comment:

Gran said...

Had a great time in Vashon. Glad that you made it out before Irene. Hope Alaska is ready for the Partridge family. Love ya