Spent the weekend visiting Burlington, the largest city in Vermont (at a whopping 45,000 people). We were interested in the area because we had heard so much about it and also it has the only K-12 Waldorf program in the state. We felt that we couldn't really settle into the Upper Valley without at least checking the area out. What we found was way too many people drinking way too much alcohol and enjoying way to much techno music. I'm really starting to feel old when I say this, but the college town crowd is too much for us. We did enjoy our night in a nice hotel and some great activities in the surrounding areas, but I can guarantee we won't be visiting Burlington anytime soon.
We did enjoy seeing Lake Champlain, the largest in Vermont and seeming more like the ocean than a freshwater lake. We also enjoyed the Sheburne Museum, which was hosting a Circus Palooza for the kiddos and young at heart. Next weekend it's off to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. Oh, and by the way, we have decided not to buy the house in Quechee, after the home inspection we decided the cost of home ownership and remodeling did not fit our one income lifestyle.
I have been podering whether my style of late of putting many photos together detracted from the "art" of nice photos that I put on the blog. For the next few posts I will put photos at the end of any narrative and on their own. If anyone out there sees a difference and has a preference let me know.
 |
| Mobile in Action |
 |
| Felted Baby Mobile |
 |
| Lake Champlain |
 |
| Fun at the Lake |
 |
| Day at Lake Champlain |
 |
| Clowning Around |
No comments:
Post a Comment