We've finally started working on Clarity's room and we would like to have it finished in a few months. The first priority was putting an additional window in her room for some more light, not to mention another way to sneak out of the house when she's older. After the window I have to hang new closet doors, slap on a new paint job (a nice cloud mural), make new shelves, bed, etc, etc. Here are a few pics of the new window, I had never done this before and since my little carpentry book labeled this one as requiring "advanced framing skills", I'm feeling pretty darned proud of myself. Might start a construction business, maybe I'll call it "Questionable Construction".
Other than projects things are clicking along nicely, Clarity is starting to say quite a few words and yes I do take tremendous pride in the
fact that her first word was "Daddy", although we all know where her true love lies. She also knows quite a few signs, although now she is starting to make up her own which can be quite confusing. The weather in the Hood is incredible right now, lots of sun still although it's definately getting cold at night.
fact that her first word was "Daddy", although we all know where her true love lies. She also knows quite a few signs, although now she is starting to make up her own which can be quite confusing. The weather in the Hood is incredible right now, lots of sun still although it's definately getting cold at night.Hmmm, what else can I report, current beers on tap: Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout and Double Mountain Hop Lava. Next in line: Fort George Brewery Vortez IPA (7.5 % ABV, 97 IBU). Next "fun" project: a nicely crafted wooden hop plaque in a shameful attempt to procure free beer from a local brewery. Well, onto the dishes before the peanut wakes up from her nap, hope everyone is doing well out there.



4 comments:
Beware, if Clarity is anything like her mom, she won't have to get much bigger before she uses that window to sneak out. Love, Nana
Nice work Handyman Hank!
Love,
Gran
Looks great, I'm sure Clarity will love the extra sunshine.
Great job, Steve! I really love being able to check in with you guys via this blog. Wish I were half as creative. Instead, I ended up with admin skills . . . *sigh*
xo Florence
Post a Comment