Monday, January 01, 2007

Skiing for 2

Happy New Years friends, family, and weirdos who like looking at other people's blog sites, I hope your evening's festivities were both safe and eventful.

Start em' early, that's what I always say. In that spirit we spent the holiday weekend in Silverton, Colorado chasing some snow and sun. Luckily we found plenty of both and Silverton was a mellow little town that was fortunately devoid of many dudes. We decided to explore some of the many backcountry options and found some real good terrain and snow. Since Michelle can't really fall I had to forego my usual mandatory air and cliff hucking and just be satisfied with some incredible tree skiing.

I can happily report that the ankle rehab is sufficient to allow me to climb up and get back down without too much pain, this was the real test. Michelle did real well although she is about to bust out of her ski pants.

We spent the weekend with a few new friends from Flagstaff. It was so nice to go skiing with friends again, felt like the good old days in Alaska sitting on top of Sunburst or Summit drinking tea and taking in the view.

Well, I hope that everyone is doing well and got everything they wanted from Santa. Don't be strangers and I hope 2007 is very kind to you all.

3 comments:

Papa Dude said...

Glad to hear everything is going so well down there. Tiffany and I are putting together a little post Christmas package for the two and a half of you. Just a little something to ease you down from your holiday blowout. Oh, and please tell Michelle that she makes pregnant look good!

Anonymous said...

Love that little tummy already! Can't wait to see you up close and personal.

Love,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Love that little tummy already! Can't wait to see you up close and personal.

Love,
Kate