Well, slap my knee and hand me my banjo! As a final farewell to the fine folks and establishments of Chico, CA, we attended a gathering at the Sierra Nevada Brewery's Big Room to see Ricky Skaggs and the Kentucky Thunder. Now, for those of you who know their music I don't have to sing their praises, for those who don't might I suggest giving it a shot. Put that together with $2.25 pints of harvest ale and the evening was as blurry for me as the pictures I took. What I can tell you is that every one of the musicians was incredible. It actually made you a little numb and left you wondering where they could go from there, and that was after the first
song. After shaking off the inital shock of it all the audience got rowdy and loud, as did Ricky, he seems like quite the character. I can only hope that Flagstaff has a music venue that might, in some small way, rival the brewery's incredible space, although I can't imagine a better setting. This time around we will have 3 breweries to select from, I love having options!We were happy to see that Flagstaff has already seen it's first snows in the mountains, we can only hope that skiing isn't too far in our future.
The chico house in pretty much in shambles and
we are cramming everything into boxes, we leave in a week. Michelle and I are both ready to get to Flagstaff and get out life in order once again. Hopefully I can handle going back to work, I must admit that being a house husband had its advantages.We'll let you know when we get to our new home, hope everyone is doing well. Talk to you soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment